Having a Remote Car Starter installed in your vehicle is one of the best ways to beat the cold, wet, damp, snowy winters here in British Columbia. (I know it’s a horrible picture to paint isn’t it). Let’s forget that picture quickly and replace it with this: Touch a button on your car remote from the warmth of your home or office and your car starts like magic. A few minutes later you go out to a warm car, the windows defrosted, seats pre-warmed and your car lights on illuminating the path to your car. No more scraping windows, grabbing a frozen steering wheel or waiting for the damp cold to be replaced by warm air in your car our truck. Whether you are from Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack or anywhere in the Fraser Valley, Driven Audio has a remote car starter solution that will work for you and the installation technicians to get job done properly.
Remote Car Starter Systems – A few things to know first
Now that you know why you want a Remote Car Starter, we need to learn about how to choose the right remote starter for your vehicle, and to make sure you have it installed properly. With over 50 years combined experience installing Remote Start Systems and Car Security Systems ( or “Car Alarms”) we have learned what works best, and fixed a lot of remote car starter installations that people should not have tried on their own, or had a “buddy” do for them cheaply. Your vehicle is one of the most expensive purchases you are likely to make, and you need it every day, don’t put that investment at risk by choosing cheap installation and the lowest price, it’s just not worth it when it comes to Remote Car Starters. Our friend Mitch Schaffer from Mobile Edge in Pennsylvania, USA wrote the book on buying a Remote Car Starter (literally!) So if you doubt anything we are saying, check out his book!
Installation of your Remote Car Starter System
The Installation of your Remote Start system is the most important decision of your purchase. The electrical and computer systems in them require knowledge and up to date training to properly integrate your Remote Car Starter with them. Today’s vehicles have computer data bus systems, security keys, transponders and muti-stage ignition systems that all need to be interfaced with properly to safely remote start your vehicle. The training our installation technicians receive every year, back by the two best technical support teams from Directed Electronics Viper and Compustar Pro, ensure that you Remote Car Starter is installed and programmed to control your vehicle security systems and to start your car safely and correctly every time. Our lifetime installation warranty guarantees that.
Choosing a the right type of Remote Car Starter
The first remote engine start systems were little more than black remotes with one button to start your car or truck. We have come a long way since then. Today you have several options on how to control the remote starter and convenience systems in your vehicle:
From your existing factory keyless entry remote fob (Yes even if it doesn’t have a remote start button now!)
- With a new 1 Button Remote Start add on remote transmitter
- A 2-Way Responder Remote with up to One Mile Range from your vehicle
- Using your iPhone, Android or Blackberry Smartphone with DEI’s SmartStart system or Compustar’s Drone – Now you can start your car on the Skytrain back from Vancouver!
You can even use a combination of those to give you the best control and ease of use for your new remote car starter.
Not sure what is the best solution for your vehicle? No worries, our trained experts will show you the options available for your vehicle and help you choose the best system for your comfort and reliability, and we will be here to help you after the installation if you have any questions or concerns about the operation of your Remote Car Starter or Alarm System.
What else can my Remote Car Starter do?
Just as Smartphone and vehicle technology has evolved, so has what Remote Car Starters can do. Today we can enhance the features of your stock remote start system, your factory “anti-theft” system and more. Some of the most popular options are:
- Adding Passive Keyless Entry – Just walk up to your car, and the doors automatically unlock for you – Handsfree!
- GPS systems for vehicle tracking and theft recovery – these are very popular options for work trucks and work vans, as well as parents for teen drivers who use the system to ensure their teens are driving safely and where they should be.
- Turbo Timer Shutdown for Diesel vehicles – a simple add on to ensure your turbo cools down before the engine turns off
- Check Engine Code diagnostics – with Viper Smart Start you can view any Check Engine codes your vehicle my have right from your phone – saving you a trip to the dealer or repair shop to find out why that light is on
- Turn on your defrost and heated seats when you remote start your vehicle
- Of course they control your vehicles power door locks and keyless entry too!
- Just about anything else you can imagine or need it to do – just ask us and we will make it happen
Purchasing a Remote Car Starter is easy when you know the right questions to ask, and what to look for. We invite you to come down to our facility in Abbotsford, BC and let us show you the Remote Car Start solutions we have for you, and why choosing Driven Audio for your Remote Car Starter Installation is the right choice.