Car alarms are your best protection against thieves in Abbotsford, Chiliwack, and Maple Ridge. Selecting a good-quality car security system gives you peace of mind and tells thieves to move along. The trouble is most vehicles have “factory security” that leaves your vehicle open to thieves. Those factory alarms usually only help slow a thief down when trying to steal your car. The contents of your vehicle, custom wheels, car accessories and personal items can all be stolen or vandalized without setting off your car’s factory alarm.
A Certified Autosound & Security security system by Viper or Compustar Pro can be customized to protect all your car accessories and the vehicle itself – giving you the best vehicle protection anywhere in the valley, from rural Abbotsford to downtown Vancouver.
Car alarms: What makes a good security system?
The most important aspect of any car alarm or vehicle security is the installation. Yes, having well-built components is important, but if that super-duper impact sensor is not mounted correctly, it probably isn’t going to work properly – worse yet, it might not work at all when you really need it to. We know from experience (and fixing bad alarm installations done elsewhere) that it does not take much longer to install a vehicle security system properly.
Certified Autosound & Security ensures the installation of our car alarms is done properly by:
- Soldering all connections wire to wire – no plastic tape in connections for our car alarms
- Tape or wire loom all wires along factory routes – nothing standing out for a thief to ID
- Hidden from sight or easy access – sounds basic, but it’s surprising how many car alarms we find within easy reach under a dash
What about the equipment and sensors for car alarms?
At Certified Autosound & Security, we have selected Viper and Compustar Pro as our security and remote-start vendors because they are long-established car security companies that do continuous research, training and support on their products.
A vehicle security system only has to work for a split second – that second when a thief tries to break into your car. The trouble is we never know when that will be – it could be today, next week or three years from now, but it will happen. That is why good-quality car alarm equipment is so important.
If your car alarm doesn’t work properly or generates false alarms to the point where you don’t want to use it, it won’t be there when it’s needed. One of the reasons we love Viper Car Alarms by Directed Electronics (DEI) and Compustar Pro by Firstech so much is that, even 10 or 15 years after a system has been installed, replacement car alarm remotes are still available!
We have auto security systems and security sensors that:
- Alert you via your remote to the status of your vehicle, using “2-Way Paging Remotes”
- Allow you to lock, unlock and GPS-track your vehicle’s position (or teen driver) using your smartphone or computer with SmartStart or Drone – compatible with iPhone, BlackBerry and Android phones
- Protect your wheels and rims with Digital Tilt Sensors that measure as small as a 1.5 degree tilt change
- Protect your vehicle’s contents with Glass Break Sensors – great for luggage, sports equipment or samples
- Automatically roll up your windows when you lock your car with a Power Window Control Module
- Back up your alarm system with a battery backup siren
Of course, we can add power door lock motors to vehicles without losing your keyless entry function. Our car security systems can be configured as alarm and car remote starter units to give you remote car-start capability as well.
Car alarms – What to choose?
Picking out the right system for your vehicle is easy at Certified Autosound & Security. We have a wide selection of car alarms to choose from and can demo the features and remotes so you can easily choose what you need. If you’re unsure about how to best protect your vehicle, we can help you identify what your needs are and build the best car alarm system for you.
If you have questions about the operation of your alarm any time after the sale, we are also here to help you then.
Should you decide you want to upgrade or add to your car alarm, we can help you with that as well.
No matter what you need for car alarms, keyless entry, remote car starters or vehicle tracking, we have what you need.