Marine Audio & Electronics at Driven
Whether you operate a wakeboard or water ski boat, aluminum-hull river jet boat, pontoon party boat or even a jet ski, at Driven Audio we have your marine audio and electronics needs covered. We have extensive experience in all kinds of marine installations including the electrical systems, battery concerns and longevity of installation-related attributes, even down to the hardware we use. Put simply, Driven Audio is your marine audio and electronics headquarters in BC.
Top Notch Electronics
We’ve got some of the best electronics in the business for your marine-grade installation. We offer brands such:
- JL Audio Marine
- Clarion Marine
- Fusion Marine
- Kenwood Marine
- Bazooka Marine
- Powerbass Marine
Each of these products are specifically engineered to withstand the moisture, temperature and UV exposure that traditional speakers and electronics never get. Most are IPX water intrusion tested and certified. We ensure that we install all electronics in a way that provides maximum performance and minimal chance for premature or vibration-related failures. Many of the electronics and speakers also have specific design features that complement the marine environment, such as water resistant speaker cones and surrounds, sealed keypad buttons and vibrant displays on marine radios & remote keypads. Marine amplifiers at Driven Audio are ultra-efficient, small footprint amplifiers that deliver plenty of power without adversely affecting the boat’s electrical system and engine starting capacity. Our in-store displays have plenty for you to see and experience. Of course our team of friendly, expert product specialists will be glad to design a ground up audio and electronics system or upgrade your existing electronics so that the installation works ideally for your specific boat. We offer a lifetime installation labour warranty on all the work we do
Other Marine Electronics
We also offer these exciting marine upgrades:
- Interior LED lighting (indirect ‘mood’ lighting, LED cup holder rings, speaker rings), etc. so that you can see in the boat after dark. It’s low power consumption so we can put it wherever you like and its compact design means we can place it where it does not show – you only see the light. Many colors available, or every color you can imagine with our RGB LED lighting solutions
- Multi-zone volume control so that you can independently control the speakers throughout the boat, such as the ski tower speakers at a different volume than the main cabin or open bow. Multi-zone control stations/pads also allows multiple points from which you can select songs, change tracks, adjust volume, etc.
- We add Bluetooth wireless music streaming so your fellow boaters can play their favorite tunes and share the fun of being the DJ for the sound tracks. With easy wireless Bluetooth connectivity, sharing music is yet another way to enjoy your time on the water.
- Complete battery upgrades and charging system planning so that your boat is safe and reliable on the water no matter how loud you play the audio system. We also install battery tenders to keep the batteries fresh throughout the time the boat is out of the water.
Marine-Grade Installation Details
Installing audio and electronics in boats is very different than in motor vehicles. First off, at Driven Audio we carry specific insurance that covers our installations in boats. Traditional shop insurance from ICBC covers only motor vehicles and trailers, so we’ve gone the extra step to ensure your investment is completely covered while in our installation facility.
Second in the installation detail is the ‘grade’ of installation parts and accessories we use. Moisture is a major concern for corrosion on electrical connections as well as surface rust on metals. Mold and mildew can collect on upholstery and carpeting if not marine-grade. Here are a few of the extra steps we take in choosing installation materials for your boat:
- Stainless steel hardware – prevents rust and oxidation. It’s something on which we don’t compromise.
- Marine-grade wiring and terminations – flexible cable prevents vibration-borne breaking of electrical conductors and the sealed terminations mean no corrosion from the wire to terminal connection.
- Soldered and heat shrinking of all wire-to-wire connections to inhibit any chance for corrosion.
- Painted and sealed materials – whenever we any new porous materials (such as marine-grade plywood) for items such as a subwoofer enclosure, storage console or a seating application, we paint and/or resin seal them to ensure no moisture entry. If it’s a metal fixture for mounting (such as batteries, seat frames, etc.) we paint and seal it – including ensuring all welds are sealed and treated.
- Composite mounting panels (such as fiberglass, ABS/HDPE plastics) for amplifiers and other electronics ensure no chance for moisture damage.
- Marine-grade vinyl and carpet for any upholstered surfaces we add to the boat. This ensures superior mildew rejection and UV color stability over the length of the installation in your boat.
Third in the installation detail is the electrical system considerations. When your car battery dies, you can ask for a jump start or push start it (if it’s a manual transmission). Boat owners don’t have that luxury. Jump starting is questionable because you need lengthy cables which few other boat owners have, if there’s even a boat nearby when you have a dead battery. Thus, at Driven Audio we provide installations of multiple battery systems and selector/isolator switches, battery tenders to keep batteries fresh and we configure the equipment to use minimal battery power, such as power saving LED lighting and highly efficient audio amplifiers. You need not worry about electrical system problems on your boat with our expert installation techniques.
Check Us Out For Your Marine Audio Needs
Call us at (604) 746-3110 today and schedule a complimentary consultation for upgrades in audio, lighting and any other electronic needs in your boat or recreational watercraft. We carry extensive, marine-specific insurance and have an incredibly outfitted 4400 square foot facility with all the right tools to ensure your boat provides you hours and hours of enjoyment out on the water. We’re friendly people who have a genuine interest in ensuring you have a fun and safe boating experience with your new electronics.